The Transfer Specialist & Part Time Associate is responsible for providing professional, and efficient transportation services to support funeral service requirements as well as being a co-director on funeral and memorial services. Duties will include the caring and sensitive transport of deceased persons from a variety of locations, transporting the deceased, caskets and other funeral service materials/equipment between mortuary locations, as well as transports to shipping locations. Additional duties, helping funeral directors as a co-director on funeral and memorial services, providing assistance to the care team staff, courier duties, assisting the professional staff in support functions and routine care and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. This position performs duties independently with minimum direction from a supervisor or designated staff member.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in working on call day and night hours.
- Flexible Availability
- Weekends & holidays as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to lift at least 100lbs.
- Responsible for responsive transportation services, transporting decedents, caskets and other funeral service materials/equipment between mortuary locations as well as shipping locations.
- Promotes service quality excellence and servant leadership concept of the Holloway Funeral Home Family.
- Accomplishes first call/transport responsibilities in a professional, timely and compassionate manner.
- Co-director on funeral or memorial services in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Exercise initiative and responsiveness to assure that transports of the deceased, caskets, and funeral equipment/materials between locations, or other designated locations, are achieved to meet specified time and State requirements.
- Accurately provides body identification.
- Effectively works as a co-director on funeral and memorial services.
- Effectively works with care team staff to assist with body preparation, preparing the deceased for transportation, and other tasks as required.
- Read, hear, understand, and process essential paperwork and instructions, both oral and written
- Assures transport equipment and support equipment (e.g., cots, stretcher, gloves, PPE) are maintained in primary and secondary transport vehicles.
- Reliability is paramount.
- Flexible availability
- Adheres to company dress code
- Wears personal protective equipment as required
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience working with public preferred
- High School Diploma
- Valid state-issued driver’s license
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work with minimum direction from supervisor or designated staff member
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and communicate effectively to staff
- Must be emotionally able to deal with death, grief and stress
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have knowledge of OSHA and safety standards
- Must be able to understand and promote company policies and procedures
- Must be able to follow specific policies and procedures
- Must be able to identify safety violations, issues to implement corrective action
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with an insurable driving record per the requirements of the company insurance provider
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Consistently able to maintain a positive and caring attitude when meeting with family members, medical staff or other support personnel involved with removal/transfer matters
- Communicate effectively on the telephone and in person
- Maintain highest standard of ethics, personal conduct and confidentiality always
- Work well with others; as a team member, facilitating positive, productive, working relationships
- Assure that family/customer service satisfaction is paramount
- Positive attitude evident to all levels of the organization
COMMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 401k eligibility with 3% contribution after 1000+ hours in one year and 1 year tenure
- Target Salary: $20,000-$32,000 dollars a year
- Employee Discount Program
- Uniform/Dress Reimbursement
- Flexible Hours
HOW TO APPLY:
Please contact Holloway Funeral Home via telephone or e-mail to speak with our Manager, Kathleen Morton-Jones. A complete résumé and 3 references are requested.